[RESOLVED] Internet Connection Issues With Netgear WiFi Extender
Argh! My WiFi is crawling. Unable to stream videos on my HDTV. Can’t connect my iPhone to Netgear extender. How to get rid of internet connection issues? These are just a few common WiFi connection issues with Netgear extender that users are bothered by on a regular basis.
No doubt, Netgear wireless range extender is one of the great devices, yet it can sometimes be a bit bothersome for you. Of course, it takes more tech knowledge to keep the extender running flawlessly and fix the issues linked with it. But you don’t need to worry!
This post is going to help you on how to fix internet connection issues with Netgear WiFi extender. Let’s take the plunge.
How to Fix Internet Connection Issues?
Poor or No Internet Access in Certain Rooms?
It is one of the most common connection issues faced by Netgear extender users. In the living room, the WiFi connection works fine. But when you move into your kitchen or somewhere else in the home, it becomes weak or nonexistent.
Solution: There are various reasons, making your Netgear extender’s WiFi signals to drop. However, interference is the major culprit.
- Place your Netgear extender at a far distance away from microwave ovens, refrigerators, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, and other electronic devices.
- Some things like glass and mirrors may also lead you to the WiFi connection issues with Netgear extender. So, keep your extender away from such devices too.
- An open central area in your home is the best location for your Netgear WiFi range extender.
Connected to WiFi But No Internet?
It is often a frustrating situation when you get no internet access even after connecting to the WiFi network.
Solution: In order to fix this issue, restart your Netgear WiFi range extender, router, as well as the WiFi-enabled devices. If you are still experiencing the same issue, click here to find more troubleshooting tips.
Can’t Stream Multimedia Files from Your PC to HDTV?
Having lots of multimedia files on your computer but can’t stream them to other devices? Fret not!
Solution: Here are the troubleshooting tactics to fix the issue:
- Ensure that your HDTV and PC are connected to Netgear extender properly.
- Be certain that you have turned on DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) on your home router.
- Check the WMM (Wireless Multimedia) and QoS (Quality of Service) settings on your device. These can help you in multimedia content streaming.
Netgear WiFi Extender Keeps Disconnecting?
Improper placement of the extender, outdated firmware version, and partial installation are few common reasons behind the Netgear extender keeps dropping the connection issue.
Solution: In order to fix the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue, ensure that you have installed your extender properly.
My Internet is So Slow!
Internet is working fine but it is running like a snail? How to fix the internet connection?
Solution: In order to fix slow internet connection issues with your Netgear extender, do the following:
- Identify what is making your WiFi network slow. Is online streaming or internet surfing slow? Or it is internally slow, causing issues while transferring files one device to another?
- In the event that the internet access is slow, then use the high-bandwidth channel, i.e. 5 GHz.
- If the culprit is your slow laptop, consider connecting a more powerful USB adapter.
Netgear Extender Turns Off Itself!
After using the Netgear wireless range extender for some time, it often turns off itself.
Solution: This issue generally appears when the extender overheats. Here are the troubleshooting tips to get the issue resolved:
- A majority of users leave their Netgear extender running all day, all night. As it ages, the extender becomes more incapable of cooling. So, check your extender to ensure that its cooling vents are not blocked. In such a case, power off your Netgear range extender for some time and then power it on again.
- Netgear extenders include energy-efficient settings, letting you set up when it should turn off like after 30 minutes of being idle. You can configure these settings via 192.168.1.250 IP address.
These were some of the common internet connection issues (along with their instant fixes!) experienced by various Netgear extender users. However, if you are still facing the same issue, feel free to reach out to our well-versed technicians.