Netgear AC1200 Setup | EX5000
Escalate your WiFi for surfing the internet without any hassle with Netgear AC1200 dual-band WiFi range extender setup. The extender delivers WiFi speeds up to 1200Mbps and supports FastLane technology.
If you want to set up Netgear AC1200, there are various methods you can use. Before making you aware of the Netgear AC1200 setup methods, let’s have a nudge on common issues faced by Netgear EX5000 extender users. Read on.
Netgear WiFi Extender EX5000 Setup | AC1200
- Netgear extender default web address is not working
- AC1200 WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- EX5000 AC1200 WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Issues while accessing default IP address
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after EX5000 Netgear WiFi extender setup
- Can’t log in to AC1200 Netgear EX5000 extender
- Can’t access default web address after a firmware update on EX5000 AC1200
- WiFi extender not connecting to the internet
- Netgear range extender not working
- Netgear AC1200 range extender red light causing issues
- Internet connected but my Netgear extender not working
We hope that you will try to get rid of the issues listed above while doing the Netgear EX5000 AC1200 setup.
Let’s now have an eye on Netgear extender setup methods one by one.
Netgear WiFi Extender AC1200 Setup | EX5000
To perform Netgear AC1200 Setup using WPS:
- Turn on your Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender.
- Place your WiFi extender close to your existing WiFi router.
- Plug your range extender into a power outlet.
- Wait for the Power LEDs on it to lit.
- Press the WPS button on the AC1200 extender.
- If the Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good. Link Status LED will light blue if connection is good. If the Link Status LED lights amber or red, move the EX5000 AC1200 extender closer to the WiFi router and try connecting again.
- Move your AC1200 range extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network.
In case of any assistance while doing the Netgear AC1200 setup, you are suggested to take help of expert professionals.
Netgear WiFi Range Extender AC1200 Setup | EX5000
Using Manual Method
To perform Netgear AC1200 Setup using the manual method:
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk EX5000 AC1200 WiFi range extender.
- Place it closer to your WiFi router.
- Plug your range extender into a power outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on your device to turn green.
- Connect your WiFi router to the AC1200 extender.
- Launch a web browser and navigate to the default web address for accessing the EX5000 extender login page.
- The NETGEAR installation assistant displays.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your AC1200 WiFi range extender to your existing WiFi network.
- Move your AC1200 extender to a new location that is about midway between your router and the area with a poor WiFi signal.
- If you get no connection or a poor connection, move the range extender closer to your WiFi router and try again until the Link Status LED lights white.
- After you find the best location for your AC1200 EX5000 extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network for start enjoying the use of internet.
That’s how you can perform Netgear EX5000 AC1200 setup.
In case you can’t successfully complete the Netgear Nighthawk AC1200 setup process, feel free to reach out to our experts.
Netgear EX5000 Setup | AC1200 Extender
Above we have made you familiar with the common NetgearAC1200 extender issues.
Users often face issue while installing their Netgear AC1200. If you are also facing problems while accessing the dashboard of your extender EX5000 AC1200, go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear Nighthawk AC1200 setup issues:
- Make sure that the WiFi extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plugin in which the EX5000 range extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your WiFi device.
- Check all the wired connections. You are advised to not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your WiFi range extender away from walls, reflexive surfaces, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, refrigerators, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with default web address of Netgear AC1200, be certain that you have entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power cycle your Netgear Nighthawk EX5000 AC1200 once and try again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during Netgear WiFi extender login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your EX5000 AC1200 extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
Note: we suggest you commence the reset process under the guidance of a professional. As resetting your AC1200 extender will erase all the personalized settings made by you.
None of the aforesaid troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. We’re here to help! Just contact our technical experts for quick and immediate assistance.