Netgear Nighthawk X6 EX7700 Setup | AC2200
Netgear Nighthawk AC2220 X6 WiFi Mesh Extender boosts your existing WiFi. Patented FastLane3 Technology with dedicated WiFi Link avoids cutting the extended WiFi bandwidth in half. The first step for AC2220 Netgear Nighthawk X6 Setup is to connect the WiFi extender to your current wireless network. To get the job done, make use of the methods given below:
Connect with WPS: To securely connect to your WiFi network, use WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) method. It doesn’t require you to type the network name (SSID) and password.
Connect with the NETGEAR installation assistant: To use the NETGEAR installation assistant, power up the extender, launch a web browser on a PC or mobile device and access mywifiext.net for extender login.
Netgear Nighthawk X6 Setup | EX7700 AC2200
For Netgear Nighthawk X6 Setup using WPS:
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk AC2200 WiFi range extender.
- Place your WiFi extender close to your existing WiFi router.
- Plug your range extender into a power outlet.
- Wait for the Power LEDs on it to lit.
- Press the WPS button on the AC2200 extender.
- If the Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good. Link Status LED will light blue if connection is good. If the Link Status LED lights amber or red, move the EX7700 extender closer to the WiFi router and try connecting again.
Note: If your WiFi router supports the 5 GHz band, your WiFi extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your AC2200 extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, get in touch with experts.
- Move your range extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network.
Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC2200 Setup | EX7700
Using Netgear Installation Assistant
For Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC2200 Setup using the NETGEAR installation assistant:
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk X6 EX7700 WiFi range extender.
- Place it closer to your existing WiFi router.
- Plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED to turn green.
- Connect your router to the extender.
- Launch a web browser and go to default web address to access the login page.
- The NETGEAR installation assistant displays.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your range extender to your existing WiFi network.
- Move your AC2200 extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor WiFi signal.
- If you get no connection or a poor connection, move the extender closer to your router and try again until the Link Status LED lights white.
- After you find the best location for your EX7700 extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
That’s how you can perform Netgear EX7700 Setup.
In case you can’t successfully complete the Netgear Nighthawk X6 setup process, feel free to reach out to our tech support experts.
Netgear EX7700 Setup | AC2200
Users often face issue while installing their Netgear AC2200. If you are also facing problems while accessing the dashboard of your extender EX7700 AC200, Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear Nighthawk X6 setup issues:
- Make sure that the WiFi extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the range extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your WiFi extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with default web address, be certain that you have entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power cycle your Netgear Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender EX7700 AC2200 once and try to access it again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during extender login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your AC2200 extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. Just reach out to us for immediate assistance.