Netgear AC1200 Setup | EX6150
Netgear AC1200 WiFi mesh extender helps in creating a mesh network and boosting the current WiFi range with the help of AC dual band WiFi that delivers fast WiFi performance up to 1200Mbps. Netgear AC1200 setup works with any standard WiFi router. If you own a large home, then AC1200 EX6150 setup can prove to be an ultimate option for enjoying HD video streaming and gaming in a hassle-free manner. Best of all, the WiFi range extender can easily be managed and set up using the Nighthawk app.
Netgear WiFi Extender EX6150 Setup | AC1200
- Netgear extender default web address is not working
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- EX6150 AC1200 WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Issues while accessing default IP address
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear WiFi extender EX6150 setup
- Can’t login to Netgear AC1200 extender
- Can’t access default web address after firmware update on EX6150 AC1200
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Netgear range extender not working
- Netgear AC1200 extender red light causing issues
- Internet connected but my extender not working
Netgear EX6150 Setup | AC1200 Extender
Users often face issue while configuring their Netgear AC1200. If you are also facing problems while accessing the login page of your extender EX6150 AC1200, have a nudge on the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps for fixing Netgear Nighthawk AC1200 setup issues:
- Make sure that the WiFi extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the EX6150 range extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your WiFi device.
- Check all the wired connections. You are advised to not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your WiFi range extender away from walls, reflexive surfaces, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, refrigerators, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with default web address of Netgear AC1200, be certain that you have entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power cycle your Netgear Nighthawk EX6150 AC1200 once and try again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during Netgear WiFi extender login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your EX6150 AC1200 extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforesaid troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. We’re here to help! Just contact our technical experts for quick and immediate assistance.
Netgear AC1200 EX6150 Setup
Different Installation Methods
Carrying external antennas, Netgear AC1200 EX6150 is an ideal option for enjoying internet in all areas of your house. The extender supports MU-MIMO, thus you can stream on multiple devices at the same time.
If you want to enjoy a stronger WiFi network coverage everywhere in your home, then first you need to consider doing Netgear extender setup. You can set up the device using various methods. Here we are going to discuss manual and WPS method.
Netgear WiFi Range Extender AC1200 Setup | EX6150
Using Netgear Installation Assistant
To perform Netgear AC1200 Setup using the manual method:
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk EX6150 AC1200 WiFi range extender.
- Place it closer to your WiFi router.
- Plug your range extender into a power outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on your device to turn green.
- Connect your WiFi router to the AC1200 extender.
- Launch a web browser and navigate to the default web address for accessing the EX6150 extender login page.
- The NETGEAR installation assistant displays.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your AC1200 WiFi range extender to your existing WiFi network.
- Move your AC1200 extender to a new location that is about midway between your router and the area with a poor WiFi signal.
- If you get no connection or a poor connection, move the range extender closer to your WiFi router and try again until the Link Status LED lights white.
- After you find the best location for your AC1200 EX6150 extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network for start enjoying the use of internet.
That’s how you can perform Netgear EX6150 AC1200 setup.
In case you can’t successfully complete the Netgear Nighthawk AC1200 setup process, feel free to reach out to our tech support experts.
Netgear Extender AC1200 Setup | EX6150
To perform Netgear AC1200 Setup using WPS:
- Turn on your Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender.
- Place your WiFi extender close to your existing WiFi router.
- Plug your range extender into a power outlet.
- Wait for the Power LEDs on it to lit.
- Press the WPS button on the AC1200 extender.
- If the Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good. Link Status LED will light blue if connection is good. If the Link Status LED lights amber or red, move the EX6150 AC1200 extender closer to the WiFi router and try connecting again.
- Move your AC1200 range extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network.
In case of any assistance while doing the EX6150 Netgear AC1200 setup, you are suggested to take help of expert professionals.